The New Pavilion 18 items

September 29th 2018. A magnificent Autumnal day greeted the 500+ plus students, staff, parents, friends and past students who gathered today at Rockwell College for the opening of the magnificent new Fr. Aidan Lehane Pavilion. The old Pavilion was built in 1934 adjacent to the playing fields and has been in use ever since. Six years ago, a group of past students, led by Gay Mangan, approached the school with an offer to fundraise for a new Pavilion - an upgrade that was sorely needed. Perseverance, resilience and sheer bloody mindedness were needed over the past six years to raise €1.2M for this facility. To date, the committee have raised almost €1.1M. Donations are still welcome. Paul McNaughton (1970) was the guest of honour and cut the ribbon to officially open the Pavilion. Paul is an example of the magnificent and eclectic sporting talent that Rockwell has produced over the years. Best known as a Irish and Leinster rugby player, Paul also played football for Shelbourne, playing in two FAI Cup Finals and the UEFA Cup. And added to that he also represented Wicklow in both hurling and football.